Without History there is no Future
In the beginning there was the chalk – this could be the title of the EGO Dichtstoffwerke company history. In fact, the 400 year old chalk mountain in Garmisch-Partenkirchen was inseparably linked with EGO. Since its establishment in 1947 the company has obtained this valuableraw material from Upper Bavaria.
The company’s founder, Ewald Goldmann, laid the foundation stone for EGO’s present success by starting his putty production.
During the post-war period putty was a sought-after material for trade and handicraft. New, revolutionary application equipment extended the product range and made our company increasingly popular. In the fifties a national distribution network was built and EGO products were even shipped Europe-wide. After the early death of Ewald Goldmann in 1963 his wife Elsedore took over the management of the company. Still within the sixties she initiated the construction of a more modern production plant for silicone sealants and in the seventies another one for the nowadays highly demanded butyl tapes. The first factories were established abroad under licence of EGO. In the eighties main investments were devoted to the field of adhesives. The company developed a highly innovative glass-bonding technology that was enthusiastically accepted by the market. Since 1983 Ewald Goldmann (jun.) and Heinz Ohm have shared the company management. In 1999 the sales centre in Stein near Nuermberg was opened, and during the past decade the production capacity was again expanded by the installation of a state of the art, online operated, multi-component dosing system for silicone sealants as well as the construction of technically innovative high-performance extruders for the butyl tape production.
2016 is another milestone in the company’s history. Ewald Goldmann’s daughters Petra Goldmann and Stephanie Goldmann join the Executive Board and are running the company with him from now on. At the same time the company head office relocated from Gilching near Munich to the company’s roots in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.What’s more, the family-run company is also continuing to take responsibility for its “made in” Garmisch-Partenkirchen location with targeted investments in its machinery. A new butyl production plant was completed in 2017 highlighting that the traditional company is heading towards an innovative and modern future.
The chalk is still used today as a high quality filler for the modern EGO sealants. Our high quality level forms the foundation for reliable sealing and bonding.
Innovation with Tradition – since 1947
- 1947 The company was founded by Ewald Goldmann
- Fifties Development of a national distribution network
- 1965 Elsedore Goldmann takes over the management of EGO Dichtstoffwerke
- Sixties Construction of the production plant for silicone sealants
- Seventies Start of butyl tape production
- 1975 – 1983 Construction of licensed production plants
- 1983 Ewald Goldmann jun. and Heinz Ohm take over the business manangement
- 1983 Takeover of the company CONLOC
- 1985 Market introduction of the new glass-bonding technology
- 1999 Opening of the sales centre Stein/Nürnberg
- 2001 Online operated, multi-component dosing technology for silicone sealants
- 2006 – 2011 Construction of high-performance extruders
- 2011 Roofing ceremony of the new office building at the Garmisch-Partenkirchen site
- 2012 Expansion of the product portfolio in the field of Fassschmelz-Butyle
- 2016 M. Sc. Chemistry Petra Goldmann and Dipl.-Kffr. (FH) Stephanie Goldmann join the Executive Board
- 2016 The company head office is relocated to Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- 2017 Expansion of the production plants for butyl production
- 2018 Modernisatuin of the online-controlles multi-component dosing technology for silicone sealants
- 2019 Expansion of the production plants for SMP hybrid sealants